Saving and running your model
Before you can run and test your own model, you will need to save it. Saving can be done in three different ways: by pressing
[Ctrl+S], by clicking the Save button in the top left screen or by going to
File > Save or
File > Save as.
Make sure that you save often when working on a model. Furthermore, it is good practise to save each and every model in a separate folder. This is especially important when working with documents, images or other complementary files.
Testing your application is done in a separate window of the Berkeley Studio, called the Berkeley Runner. Clicking the Run button in the top left corner or pressing
[F9] launches the Runner. In the Berkeley Runner, you can navigate through your decision tree. Later on, you will learn how to publish it online.
- The main screen of the Runner. Here you’ll see the result of text and questions. Furthermore, you can answer questions here.
- The restart button. Clicking it will send you to the start of your model.
- The previous button. Clicking it will send you to the previous screen of your model.
- The next button. Clicking it will send you to the next screen of your model.
- In this window the jump list is shown. The jump list is like a content list. More information on the jump list.
- The information sources will be shown in this screen. More information on information sources.
- The reload button. Clicking it will refresh the current screen, like an internet browser.